CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Saturday 26 November 2011

SCSC Challenge - Borders & Flowers - DT Card



Hi Guys

Hope you all had a lovely week and for those of you stateside a Happy Thanksgiving.

This weeks challenge over at SC Saturday Challenge has been set by one of our new DT members Janet, and is

Borders & Flowers

This is your last week to be in with a chance of winning this months prize of 5 digi's of choice from our sponsor




I'm Tracey Malnofski, the artist and owner of The Stamping Boutique. My team and I are very happy to sponsor Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge. My store has been open since September 2009.I am currently a stamp artist for Unity Stamp Co. and I've worked for InStyleStamps, Squigglefly, and TheDigiShack in the past. I'm a professional artist and an active member of the Artist' Guild in my community. I have quite a busy household with a husband, 3 teenagers, 5 mini-dachshunds and an Appaloosa mare. It's noisy, but I love them all. I'm truly blessed.  "The Stamping Boutique" is dedicated to quality products and original artwork. We not only provide wonderful digital images in our store, but also several lines of red rubber images. Our designers are chosen for their character and personality,as well as, their beautiful designs. We work hard to give you our very best. Thank you so much for having us as your sponsor this week.





I decided to combine the two and do a flower border hehe (no its not cheating lol)  After much fiddling got the border cut using Bazzil Bling card in a soft shimmery lilac.  

I used LOTV Garden of wishes stamp as I think she fits perfectly and I just had a vision of the colours in her wings.  I used my Copics and Promarkers to colour her in and decided to have a proper play with the light from the star on her face and took more time to try and work with the shadows (which i am not too good at working the shadows from the light source lol) but I am quite pleased with the result although i couldnt quite bring myself to use the purple shading on the skin which some others do really well (yeah go on call me chicken hahaha)

I glittered the wings to death then added more stickles hehehe.  Stamped a few swirls around the edges and (yep u guessed it) sticklez'd them an all.  I cut the swirl and flower on my Klick n Kut and glittered the swirl too.  After colouring the petals with coordinating copics I sprayed it with water and scrunched it up a bit to give it some life.  After I dried with with my heat gun I dusted it with Mica powders as I didnt want to overdo the glitter
(is there such a thing as too much glitter??? Discuss lol)

Well off now to try and make a dent in my Xmas card list as I think I have 3 done hehehehe.  Have a great week and dont forget to share some love on the other gals blogs.

TracieBxxx


Entered into the following ...
Lily of the Valley - Anything Goes (I remembered the rules this week :D)
Totally Gorjuss - Sparkle (errrm yep lol)
Bearly-Mine - My Fave Things (glitter, copics, klick n kut)