CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Saturday 11 September 2010

SCS Challenge - A Sketch


 This weeks Challenge over at

is following a Sketch, set by de loverley Helen

It is also a dual challenge card.  It was Wendywoo's (de Boss as she likes to be called hehe) birthday on Friday and, cause i'm such a baaaad cardmaker, (there would be no time to make 2 cards in a week lol) I have used the opportunity to kill 2 cards wiv one sketch (geddit haha).

You may think me a little cheeky givin me bestist mate a card with a mobility skooter on it but everytime the Wendy lady sees one she's like "Ooooh gotta get me one of them" (same wiv the Stanna Stairlifts, lazy mare lives in a bungalow lol).  Despite all the customers saying "She's gonna kill u", Wendy gave a huge belly laf (No comment here haha) declaring "It's fab, I love it" (not a direct quote but u get the idea lol).

It was touch and go as to whether I would finish the card in time to upload for the Challenge Blog so decided to take a piccy of the front first just in case (where does the time go, you start something then Bang 3 hours have gone by!!!)  But here is the finished card including the verse....

Click for a better look x
When we got the new pads in a few challenges ago I claimed one of them for my card that week,  but de boss pinched it first (grumble grumble haha).  So when I got the image and checked out the sketch I decided that the pads was Cosmo Cricket De Loverly'ist one to use (good play on words there huh!!).

I used the image from Just Inklined digi stamps (the wrinklies section lol) and got to work on it using Copic Ciao's to match the paper.  The text I printed onto Linen card using me printer and all of the flowers were from my ever growing Wild Orchid stash, coloured with some of the same Ciao colours I used for the image.  A couple of Nesties through the Cuttlebug later and the first part was done (Phew!)


How hard is it to remember how to make an easel card (spesh as I haven't made one for what seems like ages lol!!!) Anywayz, sorted that out and set to searching the internetweb for a suitable friend poemy thingy.  After an age I found the perfect one, printed it out, mounted and stuck to bottom of said card.  Giggery pokery (an a bit of stickles n ribbon later) me card was done.

Hopes u likes it and make sure you also pop on over to my fellow De Loverley (hehe) DT Gals Blogs to see  their sketch creations (Don't forget to pop us a comment in the box to let us know what u all think too)

Happy Crafting peeps

TracieB xxx