CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Saturday 16 October 2010

SCS Challenge - Oriental - DT Card


 This weeks Challenge over at
 is an Oriental Theme set by Yours Truly 
(dats me u know hehe)

I've been itching to use the Dovecraft Eastern Promise  pads for ages but just never got round to it so this was the perfect opportunity.  Trying to decide on which design to use was the hardest as I picked out about 6 before I decided on the 3 to use.  The image, Samurai Boy, is from Secret Crafter Shop used as a Digi Download but they are also available as Clear Stamps.

I coloured the image with a combination of  Letraset ProMarkers & Copic Ciao markers.  I was looking for a punch to use on the card but couldn't decide so eventually went with tearing (really hard to tear in a straight line lol).  I inked the edges with PaperSoft Colour in Lime Green and Rose which turned out to be a very good colour match with the rest of the card.  I wanted to get away from using flowers on everything so was then stuck on what to do next lol. 

I went hunting in Wendy's stash and came across some lovely new stamps Darkroom Door Rubber stamps - Full Bloom Vol 1 (in a metal storange box no less, posh!!)  and the sentiment was just perfect.  Wacked that on the side after a bit of inking and ta daaaaa I was finished.

I hope u like me little creation and don't forget to pop on over to the rest of the teams blogs to find out how they created their cards

See u all next week

TracieB xx

Entered into the following challenges ....