CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Saturday 14 August 2010

SCS Challenge - What little Girls are made of...




What little Girls are made of set by the
fantabulous Vicky the Vickster

You all know what that means....  Lots of Bling and pretties hehe.

I luuurrvve the new Kenny K download images GOTHIK ANGELZ! I just had to get the Paypal account doing it's magic and partake in a little purchase hehe. 

Secret Crafter has some new paper pads in and they are well nice.  I was going to use the De Lovely pad but the Boss pinched it first (grrrrrr).  So I closed me eyes and did an Eny Meny Miny MO and picked up the KaiserCraft Hippy Girl Collection.  This pad is really really nice.  Sparkly, embossed and a little fluffy too and how well does it go with Devilish Donna (Perfectamundo).  Coloured the lil' devil with ProMarkers and Copics and the obligatory Stickles on the wings and around the Nesties Scalloped Octagon edge. I ended up cutting her out as I didn't trust myself to line up the Nesties properly and not cut her wings or feet off (not that I wouldn't of minded another colouring session lol).  I also found an old sketch to follow and Voila a card is born!

OOOooooooooooh I have also found a new technique.  If I didn't have flowers in the right colour to match me card, I used to spray with water and paint them to try and get a match.  The only problem I had was the fact I am very heavy handed and the water would eventually dissolve the glue and my flower would start falling apart. 

Sooooo out came me ProMarkers and Copics again and the Blender pen.  Dab a little dark colour on the edge of the petal.  Get the really light version of the matching colour and hold it against the dark bit.  The colour will start flowing along the petal.  To spread it out a little more, or lighten part of the petal edge, hold a blender pen along the coloured edge and Hey Presto shaded flowers that match your colour scheme perfectly (Oh and out came the credit card again with a rather small WOC order (yeah right hehe) for white flowers in all shapes and sizes lol).

It was also my first play with the Tim Holtz paper distresser, rather fab I think (but you do get covered in paper dandruff hahaha) Distress inks on the edge of my paper strips and we was done.

Hope you like me Lil' Devil and don't forget to pop over to the gals blogs to find out what they were up to this week.

See you all soon

TracieB xxx