CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Saturday 7 August 2010

SCS Challenge - Its a Mans World

 
 It's A Mans World

This weeks challenge over at


is set but the lovely, well, Me hehe

Firstly I must apologise.  I know we all hate doing mens cards but as it is my Dads birthday next week I had to do it (at least he's got a proper card off me this year lol).

Oh my did I have problems with this one.  Got me image sorted (thanks to me mate with a debit card lol), picked out me papers and started on the colouring.  I had decided (reluctantly) to do an A5 card (only because I had printed the image out sooo big lol).  I found a sketch I was going to follow and this is where all my problems began.
 
The layout didn't go with the card.  It was, for want of a better word, boring.  No matter which way I turned the picture or elements of the sketch I really didn't like it (really really didn't like it).  I couldn't see a way around it either.  

So I went home, showered and went to bed.  After work the next day I found myself just staring at it for ages (like it was going to make itself lol). I recalled a male card I had made a while ago where I had used circles within the layout so went from there.  Cut a few circles out using the Cuttlebug then went to work on this new masterpiece of mine hehe.

I eventually came up with the card you see in the picture, and while I'm not 100% happy with the card, my Dad'll be pleased as punch, so that's good enough for me.

I used the new Basic Grey Oliver paper pad, Pink Petticoat Washed out plain paper, Spellbinders Small & Large Circles and both Copics & ProMarkers.  I printed the sentiment out using Word and cut that out with Spellbinders Labels 2 

I hope you like me creation and I wonder what you would of done with the layout lol.

Pop over to our other DT Gals blogs and have a peek at their fabby cards and i'll see you all next week.

TracieB xxxx