CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Sunday 20 February 2011

SCS Challenge - Fancy Folds - DT Card


 


This weeks challenge has been set by Bridget who's theme this week is


Fancy Folds


That means anything but a card folded in half.  I googled folded cards and there are flippin millions of em! (well slight exaggeration but there are quite a few lol)


I have never made a stepped card and thought this was the perfect time to try one.  I downloaded a pikky and got me ruler out.  I am not much good at measuring and working things out on paper so after half a pack of paper in the bin later out came Microsoft Word lol.  Sooooo much easier for me to size up a few boxes and move them around on the screen then print out me template haha.


EDIT...  Pop on over to Cats Whiskers, Jacqui has a tutorial on her blog which gives you all the measurements you need including some bostin pikkies.


I have not done a wedding card for ages now so I decided on a Tiddly Inks Digi - The Happy Coupledunno why I tell u this every week lol) Copic MarkersHero Arts - Trees, Birds and Messges stamp set using a Versamark pad then dusted over the top with my Cosmic Shimmer Powders.  I decoupaged the image up one layer to make it stand out from the background. from the Gothic Cute range and coloured it with ( but used the really light Violet one and used a blender to lighten the colour on the dress a bit more.  I stamped around the background with the swirl from


I found a lovely Making Memories - Wedding pad in our shop stash which all the silver print is actually irridecent silver and has a lovely sheen to it.  I used an MS Border Punch - Quilted Edge on both of the sides then added Wild Orchid Sprays which have lashings of stickles covering them.


I printed the sentiment onto Letraset Safmat film which is brilliant stuff and nearynuff invisibubble on most papers.


You've gotta pop on over to the other DT Gals blogs as they have made some really wonderful folded cards.  You never know you may learn something new, I certainly did.


TracieB xxx