CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Saturday 24 July 2010

SCS Challenge - FairyTales



This weeks challenge at SCSC is Fairytales set by the lovely Janey.

Had loads of ideas for this but didn't want to do me usual stamping.  So went down to the Secret Crafter Shop (jealous much hehe, how many of you would like to have a whole craft shop to choose from downstairs lol) and had my pick of these lovely Hunkydory Decoupage Sheets.  I've been itching to use these fairies since they first came in but haven't had a chance.

So I went for the purple one (obvious choice me thinks lol).  The sheets are really fab, die cut decoupage, so they just pop out (no cutting, hurrah).  I used silicone to decoupage rather than foam pads as I had shaped the fairy a little (she is called Sparkle btw).  Used the scalloped nestie and backed Sparkle with the Precious Peonies Amethyst foiled card.  Dug out my much used Pink Petticoat Doodle Swirls for the backing paper (printed directly onto me card). Then had to go downstairs and ask Wendywoos how to make an easel card (I know, how could I forget how to make one, Doh! and she didn't really laff at me, much lol)

Dug about in me ribbon stash and found this lovely velvet purple one (off a chockie box me thinks lol) which went fab with the dotty sparkley one.  (Couldn't decide between them and went for both hehe).  Put a few jump rings together and hung the sentiment off them using a sparkley brad (I think I can see a sparkley pattern emerging here lol).

To finish I used me WOC flowers topped with some Stardust Stickles for more sparkle and added a sentiment from the Fairy packs and a border using the Martha Stewart Heart Lace edge punch and more of the Precious Peonies card stock.

I hope you get chance to pop over to our other gals blogs as they have some stunning cards this week.

See you next Saturday for another challenge

TracieB xx