CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Saturday 31 July 2010

SCS Challenge - Hot Wheels



Here we are again, another ...



This weeks theme is HOT WHEELS.

Well me ol' brain cells started turning (very slowly at first, they are gettin little old now lol).  I was going to do an image of a super, souped up car (but me mate Vicky had already thought of this grrrr).  So I started Google'ing words. Anything from Hot wheels (the kids toy cars came up), Wheels on fire/of fire (Did u know that Cream had done an album of that name!!  I didn't lol).  I was getting nowhere fast and was starting to lose a bit of momentum now. 

Made meself a cup of coffee and started again and had a lightbulb moment (more like a little flame of something than anything spectacular haha) but then i was thinking a little more outside the box.  I was going to do a fab image of a girl roller blading when a funky image popped into view (have you tried the new Google image search, I like it a lot).  So I downloaded it and (feeling a bit pleased with meself now hehe) began to look for some papers.

As soon as I saw me lad on the scooter I knew I wanted some graffiti type paper.  Another lightbulb moment later I found the perfect pad, the Prima Pulse Collection 6x6 paper pad, wicked!!

I coloured me laddo in with a combination of Copics and Promarkers (they work really well together), cut him out and put him on the paper then got to work looking for a graffiti font.  Deciding that I wanted to cut the words out on me Klick n kut I looked for an interesting but fairly simple font.  Ta Daaaaah, got it!
 
Cut out me sentiment out of more paper from the pad (and a shadow background) but it looked too clean.  Time to get me fingers dirrty hehe.  Used the Primary Elements Cats Eye chalk inkpad in the very dark purple and (not being too careful) flicked it around the edges of my letters.

I set all the elements out on the page but there was something missing.  Google again lol, and found me little spray paint vandal hehe.  Coloured him and popped him in the corner and Voila me masterpiece was finished Hurraah (and I just luuurrve the colours).

I have also had another lightbulb moment (isn't it strange what us crafters dream about haha) and this card may get another addition soon, if I can find what I am looking for (cue Google again lol).  Fingers crossed i'll be posting it soon as i've finished.

Me hopes u like me card this week and make sure you pop on over to the other gals blogs and have a look at their wonderful creations.

See u all next week peeps

TracieB xxx