CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Saturday 1 January 2011

SCS Challenge - Buttons n Bows - DT Card


This weeks challenge Buttons n Bows over at


has been set by the lovely Bubbly Bridget

First off "HAPPY NEW YEAR" to all u bloggy peeps and hope that 2011 is a good one for all of you.

Secondly, can anyone spot the deliberate mistake?????  Yup, I forgot to attach the sentiment circle before I took the pikky lol.  My other half mom's birthday is in a couple of days so decided to kill two birds with one card and made this using her fave colour, Green.

I have had this Summertime Designs, Sweet Springtime digi paper pack for ages and thought it was perfect for my card as it combined the green and pink in a very pretty paper set.  I used the Greens and Black Provocraft Cricut card stock pad from Secret Crafter to back the papers and it matched perfectly.  I distressed the edges a little with Distress Inks Peeled Paint and Worn Lipstick.  

I used a Deckled Edge Oval Nestie to cut out my Magnolia Tilda image which I have coloured with ProMarkers and Copics.  I have been using my Prismacolor pencils, blending with Sansodor, a lot lately to add additional shading to my images and I am really pleased with the results i'm getting.  As long as you don't try and colour over the top of them with your markers (as it transfers onto the nib) there is no problem.

I finished off with some lime ribbon and button brads from my stash and there you have it, a perfect card (apart from the sentiment that I added after I uploaded the pikky, DOH!!)

I hope you like it and don't forget to leave a message, then pop on over to our other DT Gals Blogs to see how they all did with our first SCS Challenge of 2011.

TracieB xx