CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Friday 14 January 2011

My Nitwit Valentine


Well, I think i'm on a roll at the mo cause here's another card.

Loving my new Nitwit set I have puchased for Valentines Butterfly Kisses.  I printed out most of the set before I finally decided on which bits I was going to use lol.  Started cutting different elements out and fitting them onto a card base and finally came up with the main base of my card. 

My main task then was trying to find an image to use as I wanted to put something at the top of the hearts.  I have a couple of the Magnolia sitting ones but Angel Tilda fitted perfectly.  I ended up stamping and reprinting her out to get her to sit on the hearts better.  Coloured her in with my with ProMarkers and Copics and shaded with my Prismacolor pencils.  I found out my Stardust Gelly pen and coloured her wing with that to give it a lovely shimmer. 

I sized the flowers from the set and cut and layered them up then decided on bling for the middle instead of a brad.

My thanks to me ol' DT buddy Vicky for highlighting my blog on hers.  I have had some really lovely comments from people who have taken the time to pop on over to have bit of a peek at me cards.  Cheers guys.

Thanks also to Kate (my SCS DT buddy) for your pikky comments.  I have had a play and created a sort of overlay frame for my cards and a signature thingy too, whadda u think???  My Daylight bulb for my lamp has also arrived so the colours are more true to life now too.

Oooh and I googled and found a pikky of a plate holder which I fiddled with then printed and cut out.  So in the absence of an easel I now have a stand for my cards in my new photo booth lol

I hope u likey and I'll see you all tomorro with my Secret Crafter Challenge DT card for this week.

TracieB xx