CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Saturday 8 January 2011

SCS Challenge - Tons of Texture - DT Card



This week's challenge is set by our lovely HELEN. She has chosen a theme of:-

TONS OF TEXTURE

Well I was a bit stuck with this one.  As the shop is closed at the mo cause the Woo's is on her hols I don't have a lot of cardmaking bits at home.  

I grabbed as much as I could before Xmas but there is always something you forget lol (I forgot my portable hard drive with all me digi papers on).  I have no paper packs (AAAAaaaaaarrrgggghhhhh)  Soooo I have spent the last few days going digi shopping for downloadable papers (Oh Joy everybody has got a sale on lol).

Luckly most of my images I have on my laptop hard drive (cause I'm a lazy begger an don't delete them after I transfer them hehe).  I was looking at doing my other halfs valentines card early (at least he'll get one this year haha) so combined it with this weeks challenge.

I used one of Kenny K's wicked images coloured with ProMarkers and Copics and shaded with my Prismacolor pencils.  I only went and picked up two different MS PATP punches so couldn't PATP and had to settle on only corners (what a nitwit!) using the MS Round Lattice corner.  As it was a white core card after I embossed using a Cuttlebug folder (for the life of me can't remember what its called grrr) I sanded it and used copious amounts of Stardust Stickles and stuck some pink heart bling in the corners.

The paper I have used is from the digi paper pack Heart 2 Heart from Monika Designs and has a wonderful crackle finish in a fab deep purple.  I just had to add some Wild Orchid flowers (but forgot to pick up a leaf punch haha) so I just coiled the stems around my pokey tool instead. Added some text to the tag from the digi pack and attached with a bit of ribbon.

Me hopes u likey and come & join us over at SCS Challenge.

TracieB xx